Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Final Chair

I once again had to pull an all-nighter in order to finish my project in time. I definitely need to work on my time management for this next project, even though I have gotten quick good running on little sleep if I do say so myself. Overall, I am pretty happy with how my chair turned out! It's pretty simple with the exception of the folded design featured in the front. This makes this the center of attention and focal point. I also wanted to incorporate triangles into the entire form to give this very geometric feel. It even goes along with my duality essay, which talked about how close my little sister and I are, and how we send back and forth this teddy bear that we had gotten right before I went off for school. In this structure, I am the study bottom triangle while she's the one on top of me, following in my footsteps. The open side of the backrest even features a little nook in which the teddy bear could easily fit, tying the two pieces together. While my backrest probably could have been a little more interesting, I definitely like the direction of my cardboard chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment